Summer Institute Goals and Expectations
- We will all write together and alone in many different forms.
- We will all share our writing in many different ways.
- We will all be present at all meetings.
- We will co-create our professional “home” community of teachers teaching teachers,
- of writers sharing with other writers,
- of teachers conducting inquiry about teaching practice
- and constructing knowledge about writing and using writing in teaching.
- We will all inquire into our teaching practice
- how we can best use writing in our teaching practice.
- We will listen, share, read, write, discuss, reflect, and construct Communities of Practice:
- Writing Practices,
- Teaching Practices,
- Sharing and Responding Practices,
- and Learning Practices in the “Third Space” of Technology.
- We will work together to bring the best possible teaching and learning practices into our classrooms
- and to share those practices with other teachers.
Summer Institute 2007
2007 Summer Institute was directed by Andréa Santos and Mary Hawkins. Tia Miller directed Morning Writing Prompts, Peggie B. Hensley
was the technology specialist. Judy Southard was our ethnographer, "Quilting a Teaching Practice" was our theme, and our texts were Writing Alone and With Others
by Pat Schneider
and Raw Materials for the Mind
by David Warlick.